Get Outside and Stay Safe in Frome
If you’re not self-isolating, you can now leave home for exercise or to spend time in nature as much as you like. You can also meet up with up to 5 others outdoors to exercise or socialise. Frome has a fantastic variety of parks, green spaces and walking and cycling routes – so how can we enjoy these safely?
Ordnance Survey have launched their Get Outside Hub, in partnership with 50+ organisations that champion the outdoors. The hub can provide you with the latest coronavirus advice for outdoor activities, but it has a lot more to offer. The hub is updated daily with new activities and advice. Articles range from ways to make family walks more fun to building a solitary bee habitat, and there are plenty of resources for things to do at home to bring the outdoors to you.
- Check out these nine ways to explore closer to home
- Have a look at our parks and green spaces list and go to one you haven’t visited before
- Find a town walk that suits you and download a free PDF
- Try our Wild About Nature activities
- Help with mulching our young trees at Weylands
- Let Frome Town Council know how we can create more opportunities to get outdoors by suggesting areas for the Wild about Frome project and pointing out areas for better walking and cycling on our Walk/Ride/Frome map
For more ideas, activities and videos, visit the Get Outside hub.