Sound & Soma- a mystical journey into the world of your voice
A six week course teaching meditative vocal practices to become more fully embodied & expressed.
Sound & Soma is an embodiment practice that blends the ancient art of Belcanto Opera-singing with modern day trauma techniques. Essentially it’s a playful, relational exploration of the voice mixed with meditative vocal practices to become more fully embodied and expressed. There’s plenty of sharing space so participants get to verbalise their internal experience and begin to relate in new ways.
Sound & Soma provides a physical, possibly even mystical, experience into your sense of Self that leads to greater confidence, agency and power. Tone of voice reflects how you feel, it’s a tool that connects to your Soul, shifts your state of being and regulates your nervous system. Essentially Sound & Soma is a vocal embodiment practice that uses your voice as a catalyst to connect to deeper layers within the Self allowing more Soul Essence to course through your being as the throat chakra opens. As a consequence more peace, understanding, and lucidity are experienced.
These playful practice sessions will give you the opportunity to explore the rejuvenating capacity of your own voice while connecting to each other through various exercises using sound. The sessions provide a space for physical self exploration that replenishes you from the inside out, while cultivating deeper embodiment. Plenty of time and space is given to share and integrate your experience.
With only a small number of participants in a deeply supportive environment, you’ll learn how to use your voice to:
- open your breath, so you can breathe more fully & deeply
- transmute emotions by gently directing sound-waves forging new neuro-plasticity to
- connect to your sensual essence & the pleasure of making sound
- reduce severe anxiety and increase confidence
- release deeply held tension through gentle vibrations
- open the throat Chakra resulting in increased clarity & lucidity
- rejuvenate and replenish depleted energy levels
- tap into your subtle energy field
Somatic Voice Work makes your body release a powerful cocktail of feel good hormones. The four most obvious ones are:
- Dopamine – a neurotransmitter that forms an important part of your brain’s reward circuit and is associated with pleasurable sensations
- Oxytocin – also known as the cuddle hormone that promotes bonding, trust and empathy in relationships and generally increases affection
- Serotonin – a further neurotransmitter that regulates your mood, appetite, sleep and digestion
- Endorphins – your body’s natural pain reliever that also increases when you engage in working out, eating etc.
These hormones are generated through connection, tone of voice and sound waves. By cultivating expression that comes from a genuine, embodied impulse we grow our body’s ability to create these hormones and experience profound states of well-being.
The next course begins on Thursday 27th April 2023 and runs for six consecutive weeks from 10am-12pm.
For more information and to book, email Cordelia Zafiropulo