Enter a land of adventure. Where Lions roam. Tigers prowl. And monkeys swing. Travel through time in a grand stately home. Lose yourself in one of our magical mazes. Hold exotic creatures from the ends of the Earth. This is Longleat. Jump in.
Stately home with extensive grounds and Britain’s first Safari Park, featured on BBC’s Animal Park.
A trip at Longleat will provide the perfect day out, as well as the opportunity to step back into more than 450 years of history.
The house is widely regarded as one of the best examples of high Elizabethan architecture in Britain. It was completed in 1580 and is now occupied by the 7th Marquess of Bath. This house has also been home to 15 generations of the Thynne family.
Longleat House also features:
- Art collected by 15 generations of the Thynne family
- Guided tours including general house tours, butler, housekeepers and rooftop tours
- Formal gardens first commissioned by the 1st Viscount Weymouth
- Parkland 900 acres of stunning Capability Brown
- Pleasure gardens featuring the Pleasure Walk
- House exhibitions curated to commemorate important events
- Jungle Cruise: a journey around Half Mile Lake, escorted by sea lions, sailing past the Gorilla island
- Koala Creek: England’s only koala collection
- Jungle Kingdom: the chance to get close to all sorts of exotic animals
- Adventure Castle: the medieval fortress and adventure playground
- Gorilla Colony: a lakeside retreat providing the perfect habitat for the gorillas
- Animal Adventure: the animal handling hall offers another chance to get close to animals
- Monkey Temple: stroll through and spot monkeys in the trees
- Hedge Maze: one of the biggest hedge mazes in the world, with over two miles of path
- Longleat Railway: climb aboard the Longleat railway for a unique view of the lakeside animals
- Family Farmyard: a chance to meet some farmyard favourites
- Little Explorer’s Garden: a play area, inspired by nature, for smaller visitors
Safari Drive Through
The incredible safari tour lets you spot a range of animals including an elephant, macaque monkeys, wolves, tigers, lions, cheetah and deer. You can also visit:
- African Village and Walking Safari: a stroll along the specially designed viewing platform to spot even more animals, plus the lemur walk-through
- Big Game Park: an impressive herd of southern white rhinos as well as Bactrian camels, scimitar horned oryx, ostriches and Ankole cattle.
Longleat offer a range of VIP experiences giving you the chance to get up close and personal with your favourite animals on an immersive safari adventure.