Markets are a must-see when visiting Frome. The town is well-known as a bustling and creative market town, as it has been throughout its history. Hence there is a wide variety of diverse weekly and monthly markets to browse. To get the best Frome experience, plan your visit around these and see what our local tradesmen have to offer.
The markets allow Frome’s local farmers, food producers, craftsmen and other independent businesses to show what they have to offer. You can also find a great selection of interesting food, crafts, clothing and other products from the many independent shops in Frome.
Weekly Market Days
- There are general markets every Wednesday and Saturday, with stalls in the Cattle Market Car Park by the Cheese and Grain and at the bottom of Cheap Street.
- The Frome Country Market, full of local produce, plants, crafts and art, happens every Thursday in the Cheese and Grain.
- The Frome Collectors and Flea Market, every Wednesday, sells quality second hand goods, antiques and collectibles.
- The Cattle Market at Standerwick (4 miles from Frome) also happens every Wednesday. In addition to livestock there are general auctions of goods and chattels.
- The Frome Independent is fast becoming one of the most popular destination markets in the country. It brings together independent food and drink producers, contemporary designers & makers, vintage fashion, collectibles and furniture. First Sunday of the month, March – December. Visit their website for more information.
- One of the largest stand-alone farmers’ markets in the South West, the award-winning Frome Farmer’s Market, is held on the second Saturday of every month. An established and popular range of farmers and food makers hold stalls here, selling vegetables, meats, cheeses, breads and innovative new food businesses. You can also stop by the friendly cafe at the Cheese and Grain for snacks and live music. Learn more about traders on the Somerset Farmer’s Market website.
- Contemporary and Vintage items, gifts and jewellery can be found at the Magpie Market on the first Sunday of the month March to December
- The Car Boot Sale is on the last Sunday of every month in the Cattle Market Car Park, open to anyone.
Aside from the many markets on regularly in Frome, you’ll also find others throughout the year. These often feature specialised sellers and products. Some staples include the popular Chocolate Festival or the Christmas Extravaganza market. Upcoming markets include:
- Little Pickles Market: A family market with tables of nearly new baby/children’s items for sale.
- Potato Day and Seed Swap: With everything the keen gardener or allotmenteer needs, the event is the best way to get your gardening year off to a good start.
- NCT: High-quality pre-loved prams, toys, equipment, maternity and children’s clothes at affordable prices.
- Spring Makers Market: Here you’ll find a diverse selection of handmade arts, crafts and produce available direct from local craftspeople, artists and producers all under one roof
- Wessex Camera Fair: The fair provides a great opportunity for photography enthusiasts to buy, sell and exchange cameras and other equipment and is always well attended by both traders and buyers.
- Frome Record Fair: A whole shopping mall of viny records plus CD’s, posters, books, DVD’s etc. With stalls from all over the South West, a great event for music lovers and collectors.
- Vintage Bazaar: The ever popular vintage bazaar returns for its spring date in Frome. Expect the usual high standards of vintage finds.
- Frome Gin Festival 2018: Frome’s first independent Gin Festival at the Cheese & Grain, a celebration of gin for the true gin-lover. There will be around 70 different gins from around the world, with a special interest in small distilleries from UK regions.
- Prosecco and Fizz Festival: 40 different types of fizz, prosecco, cava, spumante & cocktails. Live music and italian food.