Frome: Our Market Town
Frome is somewhat renowned for its markets, from the smaller weekly markets and vintage bazaars to the Independent. They are a crucial part of Frome’s identity and history – the town was built to support market traders and the cloth industry way back in the 7th century. To this day, independent trading is as important as ever, from multiple market days to the number of wonderful independent shops that line the streets. Here’s a reminder of what Frome has to offer on a weekly basis, as well as other markets to look out for.
- Frome Weekly Market every Wednesday and Saturday, 9am-3pm, in the Cattle Market Car Park and at Boyle Cross. Offering fresh goods, cut flowers, crafts, jewellery, home furnishings, vintage finds and more.
- Frome Flea & Antique Market every Wednesday, 9am-2pm, in the Cheese and Grain. Traders selling quality second-hand goods, antiques, collectibles, clothing and more.
- Frome Magpie Market, first Sunday of each month March – December, 10am-3pm, in the Cheese and Grain. Offering contemporary and vintage gifts and treasures! Combine your visit to the Independent Market with the Magpie Market for the full effect.
- Frome Independent Market, also on the first Sunday of every month from March – December, 10am-3pm. The Independent fills most of Frome’s town centre, from the Cattle Market Car Park all the way up Catherine Hill, not forgetting Market Place and Boyle Cross. One of the fastest-growing independent markets in the country, bringing together traders of fresh produce to fashion, furniture to gifts.
- Frome Farmer’s Market, second Saturday of each month from February – December, 9am-1pm, at the Boyle Cross. Meet and buy from local farmers, producers, cheesemakers, bakers… the list goes on!
For the remainder of this year, we have a range of other markets:
- The Vintage Bazaar, Saturday 28th October, 9am-2pm at the Cheese and Grain. Exactly what it says on the tin, this market is any vintage lover’s delight. The Vintage Bazaar is also back on Saturday 25th November and Saturday 9th December.
- Frome Chocolate Fair, Sunday 12th November, 10am-3pm at the Cheese and Grain. Expect all things… well, chocolate!
- The Little Night Market, Friday 24th November, 4pm-9pm in Market Yard. This market will take place the same evening as Frome’s Christmas Light Switch On and Lantern Parade – what a lovely way to spend a chilly late November evening.
- Frome Winter Vegan Fair, Sunday 26th November, 10am-3pm, Market Yard. Traders offering yummy goods, eco-friendly gifts, handmade items and more.
- Makers’ Yard Christmas Market, Saturday 2nd December, 2pm-6pm. Designer-maker traders, mulled cider, music and a good dash of Christmas spirit. A brilliant way to see in the festive season.
For more information and dates, take a look at our What’s On page. We regularly update the website with upcoming events – don’t miss out!