The annual Christmas Light Switch On takes place from 5 pm. The Boyle Cross market area will feature festive food stalls, mulled wine and cider, as well as children’s games, stalls and crafts.
Lantern processions through Frome Town Centre to the sound of Frome’s Samba Band will light the night, gathering at the Market Place where the community will sing carols to the accompaniment of Frome Town Youth Band around the Christmas Tree.
The Lights will be switched on from The George Balcony at 6.45pm as usual and the evening will be finished off with another rousing performance from The Frome Samba Band.
Roads in the town centre will be closed from 16:30 to 21:00. These include the Market Place, Bath Street, Cork Street, Catherine Hill, Palmer Street, Stony Street and Eagle Lane.
Buses have also been redirected to avoid this area. Check bus stops for updates and alternative routes.
Consider coming in on foot, but if you want to drive we would recommend parking in the Market Yard car cark.
For more information on road closures, click here
- 16:45 – performance from Frome Community Choir
- 17:20 – performance from Rocktopus
- 17:30 – processioners begin to assemble at St John’s Church and the canoe club
- 18:10 – lantern processions start to the sound of the Frome Samba Band
- 18:20 – community carol singing accompanied by Frome Town Band
- 18:45 – Christmas Lights switched on
- 18:50 – performance from Frome Samba Band